Saturday, November 7, 2009

True Grit

There should be a twelve step program for knitters who can't resist a new project. A recent spurt of organizing fervor has brought me face to face once again with my expansive stash. It's not just the yarn that clogs my arteries, it's the UFOs. I knew I had a tendency to be fickle, dropping perfectly good projects for the romance of the new, but there's no denying that I've got a problem.

A few weeks ago I decided to finish up several works-in-progress before starting any new ones, but it's testing my mettle. Yesterday I finished two (two!) sweaters that had been lingering in nearly-done limbo, and the urge to reward myself by casting on something new just about overpowered my resolve. Ganas! Instead, I called on my nearly non-existent will power, and picked up another sweater from the archive of abandoned projects. I did it, but it was tough.

I need a candle to light, or a mantra to chant. Or a Startitis Anonymous meeting. I'm not sure how long I can keep this up.

1 comment:

Croftermom said...

If you find or form a "Startitis" group, please contact me!