Sunday, January 4, 2009

Birdwoman


I've got that postpartum feeling after finishing a big project. The Icarus shawl has been on the needles for many months. Even though it's been sitting sidelined for much of the time, it still feels like it's been a long road to the bind off on this big red shawl.

The design gets its name from the feather-like lace pattern, and I've been thinking of it as my birdwoman shawl for the same reason. The yarn is Kid Silk Haze in the color they call Blood. I'm happy with it, though I was shocked at the fuzzy surface that erupted with the wet blocking. More haze than I expected. Still, the lace pattern shows through, and it's probably warmer now that it has bloomed into full nimbus.

This calls for celebration. Maybe I can talk the big dog into going out to dinner tonight.

No comments: